Your one-stop for careers resources
PMCT has collated helpful resources from each of our stakeholders to help guide JMOs' future.
The Department of Health has published a package of medical factsheets. It includes a general factsheet on Australia’s medical workforce and individual worksheets on 36 of the medical specialties.
The Australian Medical Association has a Careers Hub on their website. These pages in particular are helpful for JMOs:
- Doctors in training and career advancement
- Specialty Training Pathway Guide
- Career Coaching
- Preparing for rural and remote medical practice
- Preparing for independent medical practice
General Practice Training Tasmania (GPTT) has suggested these helpful links
- RACGP training program
- Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine GP Training Program
- GPTT training for hospital doctors
- GPTT Facebook page
DoH has suggested these helpful links
- RACMA Young Doctor's Program
- Doctors Connect - Work as a doctor in Australia
- AHPRA website
- DoH careers page
The Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM) has suggested these helpful link and information
- ACRRM General Practice Training Program
The Australian General Practice Training (AGPT) program offers fully government funded Fellowship training in the speciality of general practice.
Choosing the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM) for your career pathway provides you with unique opportunities including Advance Specialist Training (AST) in Anaesthetics, Emergency Medicine, Mental Health, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Paediatrics, Surgery, Adult Internal Medicine and more. To find out where rural can take you, visit ACRRM’s AGPT website today.
Other careers resources