Priority areas for JMO forum
- Promote the profile of the JMO Forum as the voice of Tasmania's JMOs with regard to education and accreditation.
- Develop teaching programs for JMOs in Tasmania, with an aim to provide protected teaching time.
- Develop JMOs' skills in teaching both their juniors, and their peers.
- Ensure JMOs receive broad clinical experience during both 'core' and 'non-core' rotations.
- Facilitate quality improvements in the running of JMO training and accreditation through active involvement in Accreditation Visits.
- Identify areas of workforce need and facilitate discussion regarding the creation of new Clinical Positions for JMOs in Tasmanian Hospitals and the Community.
- Encourage JMO involvement in Medical Student Curriculum Committees to assist vertical integration.
- Encourage continuity of care through the use of timely and efficient Handover practices, including Rolling Handover between JMOs at the change of rotations.