The aim of the Education & IMG Committee is to provide education and support to IMGs and junior doctors working in public hospitals in Tasmania. It seeks to achieve this by identifying work issues affecting IMGs and junior doctors, assessing the training needs of IMGs and junior doctors and identifying where these needs are not met.
The Committee also works to develop programs to enhance the professional skills of the IMGs and junior doctors, examines the relationship between various agencies involved in offering education and training opportunities to IMGs and junior doctors, and serves as a central coordinating body for IMGs and junior doctors in Tasmania. It is vital that IMG and junior doctor representatives from the hospital sites are involved.
Membership of Education & IMG Committee:
Membership comprises representatives from all hospital sites in Tasmania including:
- Chair Education & IMG Committee
- Directors of Clinical Training
- Medical Education Advisors
- IMG representatives from the North West Regional Hospital and Launceston General Hospital and the Royal Hobart Hospital
- JMO representatives from the North West Regional Hospital, Launceston General Hospital and the Royal Hobart Hospital
- General Practice Training Tasmania
- University of Tasmania
- Department of Health
- RMO Clinical Educator (RHH)
- THS-NW JMO Clinical Skills Support Nurse
- Statewide Medical Education Consultant
The Education & IMG Committee meets four times each year with members meeting either face-to-face or via telephone or videoconference link.